West Valley City, UT (September 24, 2022) – One person was transported from the scene after an accident involving a motorcyclist on Saturday, September 24th in West Valley City.
The crash occurred in the westbound lanes of the 201 Freeway near the off-ramp connecting to 5600 West at about 8:45 a.m.
The motorcyclist was taken by paramedics to a nearby hospital in unknown condition.
The ramp was shut down while officials investigated the incident.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
No two motorcycle accidents are quite the same. This means it can be hard to determine if victims or their surviving family members are entitled to compensation without the benefit of a licensed attorney.
The most important thing to consider in determining if your claim is valid is if the four elements of negligence can be proven.
- Duty: Did the at-fault party have a statutory duty to act in a reasonable manner to prevent injury from coming to others and themselves?
- Breach: When someone breaches their duty, people often get hurt. Would a cautious person in the same or similar situation have acted differently to prevent injury?
- Causation: You or your attorney will have to prove that your injury was directly caused by the breached duty of care. Could the accident have been prevented if the defendant had upheld their duty?
- Damages: Did the accident result in financial damages such as medical expenses, lost wages due to being unable to work, or property damage? In some cases, victims may also be eligible to collect non-economic compensation for emotional trauma.
Some forms of compensation motorcycle crash victims or their surviving family members may be entitled to include:
- Prescription drugs
- Medical appliances
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs/replacement
- Property damage
- Residential or vehicular modifications to accommodate your disability
- Funeral costs/Burial or cremation expenses
- Other associated costs
Calculating the value of your motorcycle accident claim is extremely difficult without the guidance of an experienced attorney. Our lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of all local and state laws and decades of experience handling these kinds of cases.
Let our lawyers deal with the intricacies of the legal process while you concentrate on getting better. If you lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, contact our motorcycle injury lawyers in Utah at 801-350-3506 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.