SPORTS INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
Have you or a family member suffered a sports injury in the Salt Lake City area, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the Utah personal injury attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. today
More than 30 million children and teens engage in sporting activities each year across our country. Although most athletes are able to engage in these activities without any issues, a lot of people suffer injuries while playing sports. Over 3.5 million people are injured in sports-related accidents each year across the United States. Here in Utah, we see a lot of people who suffer life-altering sports injuries that impact nearly every aspect of their lives.
Victims who are injured in sports accidents often require immediate medical treatment. In some cases, victims have to remain hospitalized for days or even weeks, and go through months of therapy and rehabilitation. For athletes, suffering injuries in a life-changing accident can put an end to their sporting careers. Far too many accidents are a result of negligence. In some cases, victims can seek legal guidance to hold wrongdoers accountable.
If you have been injured while playing a sport or engaging in another recreational activity, reach out to a Utah Salt Lake City personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens you face moving forward.
Over the years, our skilled Utah sports injury accident attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have fought aggressively on behalf of accident victims to ensure they are able to recover after being injured in sporting incidents.
Our team will go out to the scene of the accident to investigate, we will look at all evidence, including medical evaluations and medical treatment plans to determine the best course of action to take as we move forward and protect your legal rights. If you have been injured in a Salt Lake City sports accident, contact our law firm at your earliest convenience to see how we can help you.
COMMON CAUSES SPORTS INJURIES IN SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
People who are injured in sports accidents are often left with an array of injuries that impact nearly every aspect of their lives. In most cases, victims are rushed to area hospitals where they have to undergo extensive medical treatment and spend weeks in recovery. These injuries are often painful and prevent victims from engaging in activities they enjoy. Regrettably, many victims suffer long-term consequences from their injuries. Some of the most common causes of sports injuries include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Having a previous injury
- Structural or functional discrepancies
- Increase in activities
- Hormone levels
- Change in climate
- Muscle imbalance
- Lack of nutrients
- Inadequate training
- Not using or having access to proper safety equipment
- Negligent coaching
- Uneven ground services / inadequate field maintenance
- Violent actions of other players
This list is not all-inclusive. These and various other causes of injuries can have a severe impact on athletes and their ability to perform various tasks and engage in sports activities. If you have been injured in a sports-related accident, contact our Salt Lake City sports injury attorneys as soon as possible.
STATISTICS SURROUNDING SPORTS INJURY ACCIDENTS
Nearly one-third of all injuries sustained by children in the United States are related to sporting activities. Sprains and strains are some of the most common injuries. However, there are more severe injuries that require immediate and long-term care and treatment. Regardless of what sport a person engages in, there is always some risk that they will be harmed. Statistics surrounding these incidents demonstrate that:
- Over 3.5 million children under the age of 14 are injured in sports or other recreational activities each year.
- Although deaths in sports-related incidents are rare, most of them are related to brain injury accidents.
- Approximately 21% of brain injuries sustained by children are caused by sports accidents.
- Nearly 50% of head injuries from sports occur during skateboarding, skating, or bicycling accidents.
- Over 775,000 children aged 14 and younger are treated for sports-related injuries across the United States annually.
Although accidents can happen while engaging in any sport, there are some sports that are more likely to result in injuries for athletes. Statistics from the Consumer Product Safety Commission show the following:
- Over 170,000 children between 5 and 14 are injured while engaging in basketball-related activities annually.
- Over 110,000 children between 5 and 14 are harmed in baseball-related incidents each year.
- More than 200,000 children between 5 and 14 are harmed in bicycle accidents every year.
- Nearly 215,000 children between 5 and 14 are injured in football-related incidents annually.
- Over 20,000 children between 5 and 14 are harmed during ice hockey-related incidents each year.
- More than 47,000 children between 5 and 14 are injured while engaging in in-line skating and roller skating activities each year.
- Skateboarding accidents sent more than 66,000 children between 5 and 14 to area hospitals each year.
- Over 16,000 children between 5 and 14 are harmed while sledding annually.
- Snowboarding and skiing leaving more than 25,000 children between 5 and 14 injured each year.
- Over 88,000 children between 5 and 14 are hospitalized annually with injuries sustained while playing soccer.
- Over 65,000 children between 5 and 14 are injured using trampolines each year.
Baseball also has the highest fatality rate when compared to other sports activities for children between the ages of 5 to 14. Regardless of what type of sporting activity you were injured in, it is crucial that you seek legal guidance as soon as possible. You may have legal options available to help you recover. Contact our skilled Salt Lake City sports injury accident attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. in Utah as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
OUR FULL-SERVICE PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM WILL HELP YOU RECOVER
We understand the challenges that victims and their families face in the aftermath of sports accidents in Salt Lake City. For this reason, we strive to take the legal work off the hands of our clients so they can focus on getting the medical treatment they need.
If you have been injured in an accident, you need a legal team that works aggressively to ensure your legal rights are protected while advocating on your behalf to protect your best interests. At Jardine Law Offices P.C., our sports injury accident attorneys in Salt Lake City provide an array of services for our clients to ensure they are in the best position possible to protect their legal rights. Some of the services we provide include:
- Investigating the circumstances surrounding the sports accident.
- Collecting evidence in support of your claim to prove the defendant accountable.
- Taking witness testimony and other evidence to provide better insight as to what took place in your accident.
- Gathering medical records, income records, and a variety of other documents to determine the financial impacts you face.
- Filing documents, petitions, and evidence on time and accurately to protect your legal rights.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you recover the maximum amount of compensation available for you.
- Providing responsive, effective, and prove representation in court, whenever necessary.
Our Utah sports injury accident attorneys are committed to helping our clients obtain full and fair compensation for their legal claims. We strive to ensure our clients are in the best position possible to move forward after being injured while playing sports. Some of the damages our sports injury accident attorneys in Salt Lake City help our clients recover include compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses for injuries.
- Long-term treatment costs related to nursing home stays, rehabilitation, therapy, medical equipment, and more.
- Lost wages from having to time off of work to go to doctor appointments and during the recovery process.
- Lost earnings when accident victims are unable to return to work indefinitely.
- Lost benefits from not being able to return to work.
- Mental anguish.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Punitive damages.
Our Utah personal injury attorneys work diligently to ensure you are able to maximize your recoveries after being injured in a sports accident. Contact our law firm today to get started with your case.
MOST COMMON SPORTING ACCIDENT INJURIES IN UTAH
Sporting accidents are often sudden and have a dramatic impact on victims. In most cases, victims incur overwhelming painful injuries that require emergency medical assistance. Unfortunately, far too many people lose their lives each year as a result of sports-related accidents. These incidents can be unpredictable and they have long-term consequences that impact both victims and their families.
Even when victims do survive their injuries, they are often forced to deal with an array of consequences. Many injuries require long-term care and treatment and impact nearly every aspect of a person’s life. Our team at Jardine Law Offices P.C. understands the negative impact sporting accidents have on the lives of victims and their families. Some of the most common injuries sustained in sports accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lacerations and punctures
- Severe neck and soft tissue injuries
- Severed limbs
- Dislocated shoulders
- Shin splints
- Growth plate fractures
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Torn ACL
- Sever’s disease
- Spinal cord injuries that lead to paralysis
- Hamstring injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Back injuries
- Internal organ injuries and bleeding
- Head injuries including open head wounds
Although there are a number of treatment options available for victims who have been injured in sports accidents, there is no guarantee that they will be able to recover. Instead, they are left with painful injuries that leave them permanently disabled. If you have been injured in a sports-related incident, due to the negligence of another party, it is crucial that you reach out to a responsive and effective Salt Lake City personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You may have legal options available to help you recover.
Our team at Jardine Law Offices P.C. is committed to helping you protect your legal rights after being harmed. We strive to help you achieve your goals in recovering so you can move forward in the best position possible.
Jardine Law Offices P.C. WILL FIGHT FOR YOU
Being injured in a sporting accident can have a major impact on your health and wellbeing. Not only will you face overwhelming pain and suffering, but the financial burdens related to medical expenses and the loss of income can be devastating for victims and their families. For this reason, it is crucial that you act quickly if you have been injured in an accident while playing sports. Holding negligent parties accountable for their actions can provide you with some sense of relief moving forward.
If you have been injured in a sports-related incident, as a result of another person’s negligence, it is imperative that you act quickly to protect your legal rights. You may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens you face.
You do not have to move forward after an accident alone. You can benefit greatly by retaining the guidance of a knowledgeable and seasoned legal team who will not only fight to protect your legal rights but advocate on your behalf to ensure you are able to recover full and timely compensation for your accident. The Salt Lake City sports injury accident attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. are committed to helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they need and deserve.
Our attorneys will fight on your behalf to ensure you are able to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. If you have been injured in a sporting accident as a result of a reckless or negligent party’s actions, contact our law firm at (801) 396-9993. Schedule a free case review at your earliest convenience to discuss legal options available for you with our skilled and dedicated Salt Lake City sports injury accident attorneys.
Our Client Testimonials
I felt like a priority from the beginning and highly recommend their counsel.
“Everyone was extremely helpful and I was able to talk to Joseph immediately after calling. He provided me with excellent advice and information for my case. I felt like a priority from the beginning and highly recommend their counsel.”
They are honestly the best attorneys ever.
“I have been represented by Joseph and Peter 3 times already. They are honestly the best attorneys ever. They were really helpful and got me the best deals. They are really flexible and informative... 100% would recommend to anyone from small claims to criminal cases!”
Joseph and Peter are definitely who you want on your side.
“My family and I are so grateful for the hard work and talent that all was offered in my behalf. Having a scary situation made light by trusting in this law firm was the best decision my family and I made. They were always so prepared and confident. They were always kind and took the time to help me understand what was going on every step of the way. Joseph and Peter are definitely who you want on your side. You can be confident in their intelligence and ability to fight for you.”
Phone & Video Conference Services for Clients Who Prefer to Meet Remotely
We Offer Free Consultations - Se Habla Español
We Have An Aggressive and Comprehensive Approach For Each Case
Our Firm Has Been Serving Clients Since 2000
We Conduct Thorough & Complete Investigations