Personal Injury Attorneys in Salt Lake City, UT
Representing Accident Victims in Salt Lake County, Davis County, Weber County, Morgan County, & Box Elder County
Have you been injured in an accident? Call Jardine Law Offices P.C. to speak with a skilled Salt Lake City personal injury lawyer about your accident. If you suffered an injury that is not your fault — whether it’s a dog bite, a car accident, a slip-and-fall accident, or a medical malpractice injury — you may have the right to pursue a personal injury lawsuit for your injuries and losses. When the careless, reckless, negligent, or deliberate actions of another person or business entity are responsible for an accident, they should be held responsible and pay for their actions or inactions.
Call the dedicated Salt Lake City personal injury lawyers at Jardine Law Offices P.C. to discuss the circumstances surrounding your injury accident to see if you have a case.
The state of Utah has a time limit to file a personal injury claim, known as a statute of limitations. Victims have four years from the time of their accident to get their personal injury claim filed. Things such as investigations and evidence collection take time. If you wait too long to file your personal injury claim, you may lose your right to compensation. It’s important to contact a Salt Lake City personal injury attorney before you talk to anyone about your accident.
Our knowledgeable attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. are here to help our clients every step of the way. We are aggressive, yet compassionate attorneys who will fight on your behalf to ensure you get the justice you are entitled to.
Call (801) 396-9993 to schedule a no-cost consultation with one of our attorneys today.
Get Started With Our Personal Injury Lawyers
If you've been injured in an accident due to someone else's negligence, you need to contact our dedicated and competent personal injury attorneys today. We offer free consultations on your case and it is very important to get started on your case in a timely manner. Our experienced attorneys can assist you with your personal injury case. Click on the services to learn more.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Claim?
When someone hears the term personal injury, they usually think about car accidents. Motor vehicle cases are the most common types of personal injury claims filed in Utah.
Personal injury law, which is also called “tort” law, states that any person who has been injured has the right to file a lawsuit in civil court to ask the court to award damages for any and all losses that are related to the accident. A personal injury is any injury that happens to a person as a result of an incident that was at the fault of another person. The severity of your injuries will affect the type of compensation you will be eligible to receive. The court will look at various aspects of the accident to determine how much compensation you are able to receive.
They will look at the following:
- Intentional behavior: Assault, battery, trespassing, or fraud all can be classified as intentional behavior. This is when the person doing the harm or wrongdoing intends for a specific consequence as a result of their actions.
- Negligence: The law imposes that every person should act as level-headed and reasonable as possible, no matter the situation. Negligence can be defined as a person’s action or inaction that puts others in harm’s way, whether it is intentional or not.
- Strict liability: This is when the direct actions of an individual result in another’s injury or harm, regardless of fault. This usually applies to those involved with hazardous or dangerous activities, including fumigating, manufacturing explosives, and more.
At Jardine Law Offices P.C., we understand the stresses that come with being injured in an accident.
Our personal injury attorneys have helped injured accident victims in Salt Lake City and throughout the state of Utah receive compensation in a variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Slip and fall accidents: For example, in a grocery store, it is the responsibility of the property owner to make sure all the floors are free of any liquids you could slip on. Utah is home to some of the nation’s most inclement weather. Sometimes. a premises liability case can be pursued if a store owner did not properly remove ice or snow from their property.
- Premises liability: At someone’s home, they have a duty to make sure the grounds are safe for everyone.
- Taxi/cab accidents: Public transportation is a great way to get around for those who don’t own a vehicle. Cab drivers are paid to pay attention to the road, but when they don’t, the results can be catastrophic.
- Trampoline accidents: Trampolines are fun but can be the opposite if they are not properly maintained or if rules are ignored.
- Snowmobile accidents: With the plentiful snow that Utah receives during the winter, snowmobiles can provide fun, but if not handled properly, they can be dangerous.
- Wrongful death: A death in the family is hard, but it can be more devastating if caused by the negligence of another person.
- Sports injury: Sports are a way to show community and inclusion. Unfortunately, they can also cause injury to the athletes.
Every personal injury case is different. We will leave no stone unturned when investigating your claim. Our team of Salt Lake City personal injury attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. will handle all the interactions with insurance companies and legal proceedings, so you can focus on your recovery.
We offer video consultations for clients who wish to meet remotely. Call (801) 396-9993 to schedule your no-obligation, free, and completely confidential consultation with one of our attorneys. You can also schedule your consultation online.
Most Common Types of Injuries Related to Accidents
No one ever expects to be injured in an accident. Unfortunately, accidents happen every day without any warning. Depending on the severity of your accident, your injuries may be only minor, or they may result in injuries that are catastrophic in nature — possibly even fatal.
Some of the most common types of injuries that are reported in accidents in Utah include:
- Broken bones: Broken bones are not only extremely painful, but they also take a long time to heal. Sometimes, a broken bone can be life-threatening, especially if a broken rib punctures a lung or a different internal organ. Most broken bones take weeks to months to fully heal, which means an extended amount of time off work. This could put the victim and their family in financial distress.
- Burns: Burns can be caused by the sun, hot liquids, electricity, chemicals, or a fire. While most minor burns can be treated at home, more widespread and deep burns need immediate medical attention in order to repair the damage. There’s no way to tell how severe a chemical or electrical burn is without seeking medical attention right away.
- Spinal cord injuries: Often caused by a sudden cut or blow to the spine, spinal cord injuries can be serious, and even deadly. These injuries often cause permanent loss of sensation, strength, and function below the injury site, known as paralysis. Victims who suffer spinal cord injuries are typically unable to return to work and may need assistive devices in order to maintain independence.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Roughly 150 people in the United States die from traumatic brain injuries every day. These injuries are commonly caused by a sudden blow, jolt, or bump to the head that disrupts normal brain function. TBI symptoms can range from mild, including a headache or nausea and vomiting, to severe, which can include extended periods of unconsciousness. The most common and least serious type of TBI is a concussion.
- Amputations: In most amputation cases, the amputated limb cannot be reattached to the body. Even if it was possible, the reattached limb may never regain full function. This could cause victims to lose their jobs or leave them unable to work in the same capacity that they did before their injury.
- Death: One of the most unfortunate results of an accident is the death of a victim. The sudden and untimely loss of a loved one can leave families in financial peril, along with the emotional and mental anguish that the loss causes. Surviving family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim if the accident was not the victim’s fault.
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in an accident that was not your fault, it is in your best interest to contact a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights as a victim. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and losses.
Our dedicated team of Salt Lake City personal injury attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. understands how complicated and complex personal injury cases can be. Our attorneys will work with you to answer all your questions and make sure you understand what is happening with your case throughout the process.
Call (801) 396-9993 to discuss if you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive?
The state of Utah is a modified comparative negligence state. Utah also has a 50% fault bar. What this means is if a plaintiff is at least half at fault for their accident, they will not be eligible to receive compensation. However, if the plaintiff is less than 50% at fault, they can receive partial compensation minus the percentage of which they are at fault.
Some of the damages victims can claim in their personal injury case can include:
- Lost wages: This can include wages that the victim would have made had they not needed to miss work as a result of their injuries. Lost wages also include future lost wages from having to miss work due to future surgeries or doctor’s appointments and loss of earning capacity in cases where the victim’s injuries make it impossible for them to gain a raise.
- Medical expenses: These damages can cover any medical expenses from the time of the accident up to the court date, including the emergency room visit, any medical attention needed, and the stay in the hospital.
- Future medical expenses: Sometimes, a victim’s injuries can require medical attention past the court date. Future medical expenses can be calculated in order to cover future doctor’s visits, surgeries, and physical therapy, if it is needed.
- Loss of enjoyment: If injuries from an accident cause the victim to be unable to do things they once enjoyed, the victim can sue the at-fault person for loss of enjoyment damages.
- Property damage: This refers to the things that are involved in an accident. Property damage claims can include damage that is done to personal property, buildings, and vehicles.
- Pain and suffering: These damages are recovered to help the victim with the physical pain and emotional distress they suffered during and after the incident. This can include anxiety towards getting in a car after a recent motor vehicle accident or any other high-stress situations.
- Punitive damages: As a means to punish the defendant for their actions, punitive damages also are meant to deter the defendant and other individuals from doing the same actions that led to the personal injury case in the first place.
Contact a Salt Lake City Personal Injury Attorney
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, the attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. are here to help. We have decades of personal injury law experience and will fight for the best possible outcome for your personal injury lawsuit.
No matter the circumstances of your personal injury case, you can always count on our compassionate team of Salt Lake City personal injury attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. to stand by your side and fight for your rights as a victim. We take the time to thoroughly investigate each case to be able to maximize the amount of compensation our clients deserve.
Call us at (801) 396-9993 for a consultation with one of our attorneys.
Our Client Testimonials
I felt like a priority from the beginning and highly recommend their counsel.
“Everyone was extremely helpful and I was able to talk to Joseph immediately after calling. He provided me with excellent advice and information for my case. I felt like a priority from the beginning and highly recommend their counsel.”
They are honestly the best attorneys ever.
“I have been represented by Joseph and Peter 3 times already. They are honestly the best attorneys ever. They were really helpful and got me the best deals. They are really flexible and informative... 100% would recommend to anyone from small claims to criminal cases!”
Joseph and Peter are definitely who you want on your side.
“My family and I are so grateful for the hard work and talent that all was offered in my behalf. Having a scary situation made light by trusting in this law firm was the best decision my family and I made. They were always so prepared and confident. They were always kind and took the time to help me understand what was going on every step of the way. Joseph and Peter are definitely who you want on your side. You can be confident in their intelligence and ability to fight for you.”
Phone & Video Conference Services for Clients Who Prefer to Meet Remotely
We Offer Free Consultations - Se Habla Español
We Have An Aggressive and Comprehensive Approach For Each Case
Our Firm Has Been Serving Clients Since 2000
We Conduct Thorough & Complete Investigations