Juvenile Assault Attorney in Salt Lake City
By definition, assault is “the unlawful attempt by a minor to violently injure another human being.” To be charged with assault your child must have threatened or attempted to hurt, injure, or harm another person. A Battery charge is possible if your child actually makes physical contact/causes physical harm. Depending on the age of your child, the severity of the assault charges, and the circumstances surrounding the alleged assault, your child could be facing serious criminal charges.
If your child has been charged with assault, contact the Jardine Law Offices P.C. in Salt Lake City at (801) 396-9993 to request a free evaluation. Let our litigators review your child’s case and ensure you that they have the best possible representation to protect their rights and their future.
WHAT STATISTICS SHOW:
- In 2016 alone, law enforcement arrested over 28 thousand juveniles for assault.
- Juveniles make up 1,200 of the 1.5 million people hous3e in federal and state prisons in the U.S.
- Almost 2,000 youth are charged in the adult criminal justice system annually
- 10.2 percent of all violent crime arrests were done by juveniles under 18 years old
- According to the CDC, of kids in grades 9-12, 22.6 percent reported being in a physical fight
- 16.2 percent reported carrying a weapon
- 5.3 percent reported carrying a gun
- 6 percent reported being threatened or injured with a weapon
- 501,581 were treated in a hospital for physical assault
- 20.2 percent reported being bullied
POSSIBLE ASSAULT CHARGES:
- This is a misdemeanor
- Minor injuries to the victim
- No weapon used
- This is a felony
- A weapon was used
- Committed with the intent to commit a more serious crime such as rape
- Committed against someone in a protected class (an elderly person or child)
- A felony
- Referring to “any act of sexual nature perpetrated on a person without his or her consent.”
- Considered a violent crime
Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- A felony regardless of the type of weapon used to commit the act
- Defined as “physical assault or violence committed by using, or attempting to use, a weapon or object that is capable of causing serious injury or death.”
Assault Against School Employees
- An assault against any employee of a public or private school, when the employee is acting within the scope of his or her authority as an employee
Get Help From Our Experienced and Skilled Lawyers
If your child is charged with a crime, it is imperative to hire a Juvenile Assault attorney to represent your child’s best interests and to ensure the well being of your child’s future. As a parent, you may also face civil liability concerns. You could be liable monetarily for the physical or emotional distress caused to the victim.
Call Jardine Law Offices P.C. in Salt Lake City today at (801) 396-9993 to request a free case evaluation. We believe children have the right to a positive future and to not be marred with an adolescent mistake. Let our criminal defense lawyers speak for your child and give you the peace of mind knowing their case is in the hands of experienced juvenile criminal law attorneys.
Our Client Testimonials
I felt like a priority from the beginning and highly recommend their counsel.
“Everyone was extremely helpful and I was able to talk to Joseph immediately after calling. He provided me with excellent advice and information for my case. I felt like a priority from the beginning and highly recommend their counsel.”
They are honestly the best attorneys ever.
“I have been represented by Joseph and Peter 3 times already. They are honestly the best attorneys ever. They were really helpful and got me the best deals. They are really flexible and informative... 100% would recommend to anyone from small claims to criminal cases!”
Joseph and Peter are definitely who you want on your side.
“My family and I are so grateful for the hard work and talent that all was offered in my behalf. Having a scary situation made light by trusting in this law firm was the best decision my family and I made. They were always so prepared and confident. They were always kind and took the time to help me understand what was going on every step of the way. Joseph and Peter are definitely who you want on your side. You can be confident in their intelligence and ability to fight for you.”
Phone & Video Conference Services for Clients Who Prefer to Meet Remotely
We Offer Free Consultations - Se Habla Español
We Have An Aggressive and Comprehensive Approach For Each Case
Our Firm Has Been Serving Clients Since 2000
We Conduct Thorough & Complete Investigations