Riverdale, UT (May 25, 2022) – On Wednesday, May 25th, a crash involving a pick-up truck and a motorcycle took place on Interstate 15 in Weber County.
According to sources, the collision took place at about 3:35 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the interstate near the off-ramp leading to 5600 South in Riverdale. the area of East Canyon and State Route 65. Both vehicles were able to be moved to the lefthand side of the roadway after the incident.
In addition to the Utah Highway Patrol, paramedics also responded to the scene They transported at least one person to a nearby hospital in unknown condition.
Troopers are currently investigating the cause of the accident. No additional details have been made available.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
In deciding whether or not you have a valid claim, the main thing to weigh is if you can prove the elements of negligence. Without these in place, no personal injury case can progress.
- Was the victim owed a duty of care?: Was the negligent party obligated to behave in a prudent manner in order to prevent harm to themselves and others?
- Was that duty violated?: When a person breaches their duty of care, others are often harmed. Would a rational person have behaved differently to prevent harm under similar conditions? If so, a duty of care may have been violated.
- Is causation present?: You or your lawyer will need to prove that the immediate cause of the injury was a disregarded duty of care. Could the accident have been circumvented if the defendant had upheld their duty?
- Were damages created?: Did the crash result in monetary losses such as medical bills, lost earnings from being unable to work, or property damage? In some examples, victims might be eligible for recovery for their emotional anguish as well.
Types of compensation that motorcycle collision victims or their surviving family members may be entitled to include:
- Prescription medication costs
- Necessary medical equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Emotional problems
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Repairs to or replacement of the vehicle
- Damage to personal property
- Modifications to their home or car to accommodate a disability
- Cremation costs, or burial and funeral expenses
- Any other medical costs
If you lost a member of your family in a motorcycle collision, you may be entitled to other forms of compensation through a wrongful death suit. After we investigate your accident, we will go over every form of recovery you are entitled to.
Our lawyers will deal with the complications of the legal process while you focus on healing. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, contact our wrongful death lawyers in Utah at 801-350-3506 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.