Layton Wrongful Death Lawyer
It is difficult to express the pain, grief and shock that accompanies losing a loved one, especially when their death was needlessly caused by neglect, wrong-doing, or a tragic mistake. In the aftermath of a sudden death, it is difficult for those left behind to come to terms with what happened, while the shock of that sudden loss can seem impossible to bear for the family and friends who have been left behind.
There are many ways in which a person can be the victim of a wrongful death, whether from the malpractice, negligence or sheer carelessness of an employer, business, government agency or individual person. Some of the cases in which a wrongful death was proven to happen include:
- Medical malpractice, such as errors during surgery or prescription mistakes
- The provision or administration of an illegal drug – this includes street drugs as well as prescription-only drugs ordered online from an illegal supplier
- Auto accidents – driving while under the influence, poor vehicular maintenance, or driving while using a cellphone are all instances of drivers causing wrongful death
- Accidents at work – for example an employer’s failure to provide safety guards on industrial equipment, failure to provide safe working in confined spaces
- Faulty products – in the past, wrongful death lawsuits have been won where motorcycles have been designed poorly, causing mechanical failures while the rider is driving
- Illegal exposure to dangerous materials – more and more cases are coming to light where workers exposed to asbestos as part of their jobs have died and their deaths declared unlawful due to negligence on their employers’ behalf
If you have lost a close family member due to negligence or dangerous actions on the part of another person or party, schedule your free case evaluation with our Layton wrongful death attorney by calling us today at 801-451-9555.