Sandy, UT (January 31, 2022) – A car accident that took place at an intersection in Sandy put one person in the hospital on Monday, January 31st.
According to local police, at least two vehicles collided with one another at the intersection of 700 East and 11400 South at about 5:00 p.m.
One person was transported by paramedics to a local hospital in non-critical condition.
The righthand lane was temporarily closed due to the collision.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Intersection Accidents in Utah
In 2016, a total of 78 fatal intersection accidents took place in Utah accounting for nearly 20% of all deadly motor vehicle accidents that year.
Some of the most frequent causes of intersection car accidents include;
- Distracted Driving: Texting while you are behind the wheel, rubbernecking, and other forms of distraction by drivers increases the risk of an accident.
- Failing to Use Your Turn Indicators: If other drivers don’t know that you are about to make a turn, the possibility of an accident increases. You should always use your turn indicators if you are merging or changing lanes.
- Running Stop Signs and Red Lights: When drivers disregard red lights or ignore stop signs, they increase their odds of colliding with another vehicle.
- Ignoring Illegal Turn Signs: When righthand or lefthand turns are not allowed, it is usually to lower the chances of an intersection accident as well as traffic congestion. Making illegal turns because they are convenient put you and other drivers at risk.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drinking and driving while intoxicated reduces your hand-eye coordination, impairs your decision-making ability, and will almost certainly end in disaster.
Insurance companies won’t force you to hire an attorney before you can file a claim, but having a legal advocate who is dedicated to your case and is familiar with the ins and outs of the claims system can help you obtain the maximum amount of financial compensation.
If you were injured in a Utah car accident, you should contact a personal injury lawyer for immediate assistance.
Sandy Personal Injury Attorneys
At Jardine Law Offices P.C. P. C., our personal injury lawyers in Sandy make certain that our clients see justice. We do everything possible to get you the full amount of compensation possible for your claim.
It is not your fault that you are unable to work and earn a living as you did before your accident. Consequently, you should not be forced to face the indignity and hardship of bankruptcy caused by an accident that wasn’t your fault.
When injuries result from car crashes due to the recklessness of other motorists, victims need legal advice from a reliable Sandy car accident lawyer.
If you were injured in an accident and it was someone else’s fault, contact our Utah personal injury attorneys at (801) 350-3506 to schedule a free case evaluation to see how we can help you.
Notes: The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers: The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.