South Jordan, UT (March 10, 2022) – On Thursday, March 10th, police and emergency medical personnel were on the scene of a car accident with injuries in South Jordan.
The crash happened at about 6:35 p.m. at the intersection of 9800 South and the northbound lanes of Bangerter Highway, near Elison Orthodontics.
Paramedics on the scene transported at least one person for additional evaluation and medical treatment. They assessed everyone else involved in the collision and provided any medical treatment or transportation.
No additional information pertaining to the accident or the extent of any injuries has been released.
This accident is under investigation by local law enforcement.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Car Accidents in Utah
In 2016, there were around 80 deadly intersection accidents in Utah accounting for nearly 20% of all fatal car accidents that year.
Some of the more typical causes of intersection car crashes include;
- Ignoring Traffic Lights/Signs: When drivers disregard red lights or ignore stop signs, they increase their odds of colliding with another vehicle.
- Inattentive Driving: Texting while you are at the wheel, rubbernecking, and other driver distractions increase the odds of an accident.
- Making Illegal Turns: When lefthand or righthand turns are not allowed, it is usually to lower the chances of an intersection accident as well as traffic congestion. Making illegal turns because they are convenient put you and other drivers at risk.
- Not Using Your Turn Indicators: If other drivers are not made aware that you are about to make a turn, the possibility of an accident increases. You should always use your turn indicators if you are changing lanes or merging.
- Driving Drunk: Driving while inebriated lowers your hand-eye coordination, impairs your judgment, and will almost certainly end badly.
Insurance companies do not make you hire an attorney prior to filing a claim, but having a legal advocate who is devoted to your case and is familiar with the inner workings of the claims system can help you collect the maximum amount of financial recovery. If you were hurt in a Utah car accident, contact a personal injury attorney for immediate assistance.
South Jordan Car Crash Attorneys
If you are injured in a crash caused by another’s negligence, you need to seek legal counsel from a car accident attorney in South Jordan. Whenever a victim is hurt and another person is the cause, they are entitled to collect compensation for their losses.
AtJardine Law Offices P.C. P. C., our South Jordan personal injury lawyers see to it that our clients get justice. We do everything possible for our clients to ensure they receive the maximum amount of recovery allowed for their claims.
If you were injured in an accident because of another person’s actions, contact ourUtah personal injury attorneys at (801) 350-3506 to schedule a free claim evaluation to see how we can assist you.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.