St. George, UT (May 14, 2022) – A 21-year-old man was killed when his motorcycle and a car collided in St. George on Saturday, May 14th.
According to sources, at about 12:00 p.m., the motorcyclist was riding westbound along 700 South when a silver vehicle in an eastbound turn lane turned directly in front of the rider.
Upon their arrival, officers with the St. George Police Department discovered that the victim had laid the bike down after it slid off the roadway.
After his impact with the car, the rider was found unresponsive and not breathing. Medical aid was administered at the scene, but he passed away shortly after due to the severity of his injuries.
His identity has not yet been released.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.
Every motorcycle accident is different. This can make it difficult to figure out if victims or their surviving relatives are entitled to financial compensation without first benefitting from the advice of a licensed attorney.
In determining whether or not your claim is valid, the main thing to consider is if you are able to prove the elements of negligence listed below. Without these in place, no personal injury case can progress.
- Was the victim owed a duty of care?: Was the at-fault individual obligated to behave in a prudent manner in order to prevent harm to themselves and others?
- Was that duty violated?: When someone breaches their duty of care, people are often injured. Would a rational individual have acted differently to prevent harm under similar circumstances? If so, your duty of care might have been violated.
- Is causation present?: You or your attorney will be required to show that the direct cause of your injury was the breached duty of care. Could the incident have been avoided if the respondent had upheld their duty?
- Were damages created?: Did the accident produce monetary damages such as hospital bills, lost wages from being unable to work, or damage to property? In some instances, victims may be eligible for recovery for emotional trauma as well.
Calculating the value of any personal injury claim is exceptionally challenging, especially without the direction of a practiced lawyer. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of all state laws and local ordinances as well as decades of experience working with these kinds of accidents.
Forms of compensation that may be available to motorcycle collision victims or their surviving family members include:
- Prescription drug costs
- Required medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Emotional issues
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Damage to property
- Modifications to your house or vehicle to accommodate your disability
- Cremation, or burial and funeral expenses
- Any additional medical costs
If you lost a member of your family in a motorcycle collision, you may be entitled to other forms of compensation through a wrongful death suit. After we investigate your accident, we will go over every form of recovery you are entitled to.
Our lawyers will deal with the complications of the legal process while you focus on healing. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, contact our wrongful death lawyers in Utah at 801-350-3506 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.