Tooele, UT (June 20, 2022) – An accident involving a motorcycle that took place on Saturday, June 19th left one person dead and led to a secondary crash that left two people injured in Tooele.
Troopers from the Utah Highway Patrol responded to the scene in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 80 in the area of mile marker 100, at about 1:10 p.m.
UHP notes that the motorcyclist sustained fatal injuries during the crash.
Under circumstances yet to be revealed, the motorcycle crash caused a secondary crash involving two additional vehicles.
Both drivers involved in the secondary crash sustained non-critical injuries.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time. Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families in hopes of a full recovery.
No two motorcycle accidents are quite the same. This means it can be hard to determine if victims or their surviving family members are entitled to compensation without the benefit of a licensed attorney.
The most important thing to consider in determining if your claim is valid is if the four elements of negligence can be proven.
- Was a duty of care owed?: Did the liable party have a statutory obligation to act in a reasonable manner to prevent harm from coming to themselves and others?
- Was that duty breached?: When someone violates their duty of care, people can easily get hurt. Would a prudent person in the same or a similar situation have behaved differently to prevent harm? If so, the duty of care may have been violated.
- Does causation exist?: You or your lawyer will have to show that your injury was directly caused by the violated duty of care. Could the accident have been prevented if the defendant had maintained their duty?
- Were damages generated?: Did the accident result in economic damages like medical expenses, lost income due to being unable to work, or property damage? In some cases, victims might be eligible to collect compensation for emotional trauma.
Calculating the value of your motorcycle accident claim is extremely difficult without the guidance of an experienced attorney. Our lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of all local and state laws and decades of experience handling these kinds of cases.
Some forms of compensation motorcycle crash victims or their surviving family members may be entitled to include:
- Cost of prescription medications
- Necessary medical equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Mental issues
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Vehicle replacement or repairs
- Property damage
- Modifications to your home or car to accommodate your handicap
- Burial and funeral costs
- Additional medical costs
If you lost a family member in a motorcycle crash, you could be eligible for additional financial compensation via a wrongful death suit. When investigating your accident, we will outline all forms of recovery you are entitled to.
Let our lawyers deal with the intricacies of the legal process while you concentrate on getting better. If you lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, contact our motorcycle injury lawyers in Utah at 801-350-3506 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.