Taylorsville, UT (August 01, 2022) – One person is in the hospital following a motorcycle crash on Sunday, July 31st.
The collision occurred on the onramp from the northbound lanes of Redwood Road to the eastbound lanes of Interstate 215 in Taylorsville at about 7:15 p.m.
The motorcyclist was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
The ramp was shut down while officials investigated the incident.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
No two motorcycle accidents are quite the same. This means it can be hard to determine if victims or their surviving family members are entitled to compensation without the benefit of a licensed attorney.
Some forms of compensation motorcycle crash victims or their surviving family members may be entitled to include:
- Prescription medication costs
- Medical devices
- Emotional trauma
- Psychological problems
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs/replacement
- Property damage
- Residential or vehicular modifications to accommodate your disability
- Funeral costs/Burial or cremation expenses
- Other medical costs
Calculating the value of your motorcycle accident claim is extremely difficult without the guidance of an experienced attorney. Our lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of all local and state laws and decades of experience handling these kinds of cases.
The most important thing to consider in determining if your claim is valid is if the four elements of negligence can be proven.
- Duty of Care: Did the liable party have a statutory obligation to act in a reasonable manner to prevent harm from coming to themselves and others?
- Violation of Duty: When someone violates their duty of care, people can easily get hurt. Would a prudent person in the same or a similar situation have behaved differently to prevent harm? If so, the duty of care may have been violated.
- Causation: You or your lawyer will have to show that your injury was directly caused by the violated duty of care. Could the accident have been prevented if the defendant had maintained their duty?
- Damages: Did the accident result in economic damages like medical expenses, lost income due to being unable to work, or property damage? In some cases, victims might be eligible to collect compensation for emotional trauma.
If you lost a family member in a motorcycle crash, you could be eligible for additional financial compensation via a wrongful death suit. When investigating your accident, we will outline all forms of recovery you are entitled to.
Let our lawyers deal with the intricacies of the legal process while you concentrate on getting better. If you lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, contact our motorcycle injury lawyers in Utah at 801-350-3506 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.