North Ogden, UT – Man, Grandson Struck, Seriously Injured By Drunk Driver At 450 East And 2600 North

North Ogden, UT (March 14, 2022) – A man from Ogden has been charged with driving drunk and hitting a man and his 5-year-old grandson with a car on Saturday, March 12th.

44-year-old Robert Earl Hyde was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and causing serious bodily injury, both third-degree felonies, as well as operating a vehicle without an owner’s security, a class C misdemeanor.

According to charging documents, police were called to the scene of a pedestrian accident in North Ogden. Upon their arrival, they found that two pedestrians had sustained serious injuries when they were struck by Hyde’s car.  

The adult male victim, 55, will most likely have to have a leg amputated. The child, a 5-year-old boy, was med flighted to Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City. 

During the investigation, police could smell alcohol on Hyde. He was taken to the North Ogden Police Department where a field sobriety test was administered, showing a blood-alcohol level of 0.284%, more than five times the state’s legal limit. 

Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.

Drunk Driving Accidents in Utah

In 2018 and 2019, Utah’s drunk driving arrest rate fell by almost 5%. Many of these drivers were arrested in Davis, Salt Lake, Utah, and Weber counties, which, in total, account for 70% of Utah’s drunk driving arrests. All remaining counties outside of the Wasatch Front provide the other 30% of the state’s drunk driving accidents, a total that is vastly disproportionate to the area’s population.

Just like any other traffic collision, fault on the part of the intoxicated driver has to be proven in order for you to successfully pursue financial compensation for your losses which, in a DUI claim, may include both economic and non-economic damages. 

In a few instances, punitive damages could also be awarded in the event that the driver exhibited gross negligence in their decision to drive while under the influence. 

North Ogden Car Accident Attorneys

When injuries are sustained during a crash due to another party’s negligence, victims should immediately seek legal guidance from an accident attorney in North Ogden. Anytime somebody is harmed and another person was the cause of that harm, they are able to receive financial compensation for their damages and losses.

AtJardine Law Offices P.C. P. C., our North Ogden car accident attorneys see to it that their personal injury clients get the justice they are looking for. They will do everything possible to ensure that their clients are able to collect the greatest amount of monetary compensation allotted for their claim.

 If you have been injured in a crash because of someone else’s actions, talk with our Utah personal injury attorneys at (801) 350-3506 to schedule a free claim evaluation to see how we can help you.

Notes: The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible. 

Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.