West Jordan, UT (April 30, 2022) – On Saturday, April 30th, police and emergency medical personnel were on the scene of a car accident with injuries in West Jordan.
The crash happened at about 3:10 p.m. at the intersection of 9000 South and 5600 West, in the area of New Bingham Highway.
Paramedics on the scene transported at least one person for additional evaluation and medical treatment. They assessed everyone else involved in the collision and provided any medical treatment or transportation.
No additional information pertaining to the accident or the extent of any injuries has been released.
This accident is under investigation by local law enforcement.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Car Accidents in Utah
About 80% of all intersection car accidents that happened in Utah in 2016 were fatal. These collisions comprised almost 20% of all fatal car accidents that year.
Some of the more common driving violations that cause intersection crashes include;
- Ignoring Traffic Signals and Stop Signs: When motorists ignore traffic lights or stop signs, they increase their chances of colliding with another vehicle.
- Distracted Drivers: Texting while you are at the wheel, rubbernecking, and other types of driver distraction increase the odds of an accident happening.
- Illegal Turning Maneuvers: When lefthand or righthand turns are not allowed, it is usually to lower the chances of an intersection accident as well as traffic congestion. Making illegal turns because they are convenient put you and other drivers at risk.
- Failing to Use Turn Indicators: If other motorists cannot tell that you are about to make a turn, the probability of an accident increases. You should always use your turn indicators if you are merging or changing lanes.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Driving while you are drunk reduces your hand-eye coordination, impairs your judgment, and will almost certainly end in disaster.
Insurers do not force you to hire an attorney prior to filing a claim, but having a legal advocate who is devoted to your case and is familiar with the inner workings of the claims system can help you collect the maximum amount of financial compensation. If you were injured in a Utah car accident, you should contact a personal injury attorney for immediate assistance.
West Jordan Car Crash Attorneys
If you are injured in a crash caused by another’s negligence, you need to seek legal counsel from a car accident attorney in West Jordan. Whenever a victim is hurt and another person is the cause, they are entitled to collect compensation for their losses.
AtJardine Law Offices P.C. P. C., our West Jordan personal injury lawyers see to it that our clients get justice. We do everything possible for our clients to ensure they receive the maximum amount of recovery allowed for their claims.
If you were injured in an accident because of another person’s actions, contact ourUtah personal injury attorneys at (801) 350-3506 to schedule a free claim evaluation to see how we can assist you.
Notes:The details and information utilized to create this post were gathered through the use of secondary sources. The details surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by the writing staff at Jardine Law Offices P.C.. These sources include but are not limited to newspaper stories, local news sources, local and state police reports, and eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Farmington and Salt Lake City, Utah. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact us right away so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed, please let us know and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimers:The attorneys at Jardine Law Offices P.C. have worked hard through the years to build a solid business reputation in the community. We write about these serious incidents to bring awareness about the dangers associated with driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being involved in a serious accident themselves. This story is not intended to be a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos used in this post are not taken from the scene of this accident.