Taxicabs Accidents Can Be Tragic.
Vehicles used to pickup passengers, otherwise known as ‘for hire’, have the same rights and responsibilities as normal vehicles. When minivans, trucks or passenger cars carrying passengers are involved in collisions, everyone suffers.
Before phoning our office, make sure you never leave the scene. Help anyone, including the cab driver and other vehicles, but don’t pull them when trapped as you may further injure them.
Our law offices handle accidents on three sides of taxicab accidents. If you’ve been hit by another taxi, and have sustained personal injury and significant vehicle damages, we’re positioned to help by:
- Collecting information about the taxicab driver, including their current condition and whether they were distracted.
- Collaborating with local law enforcement to procure reports.
- Working with your insurer to file your claim.
- Negotiating settlement with the taxi company’s insurer. Most drivers have a relatively large amount of liability coverage as required by Utah law.
- If no settlement is going to be amicably reached, we’ll take at-fault drivers to court to seek maximum statutory, punitive and other accessory damages deemed appropriate to your situation.
What if you’re a cab’s passenger, and their negligence caused an accident to injure both you and another vehicle? The same process ensues, except we’re negotiating a settlement on your behalf, and if we’re retained by the other vehicle, we’ll litigate that case as well.
Another situation may arise if you’re the taxicab driver with passengers, and another vehicle rammed into you. We can defend your interests, too, and help recover damages for your cab company along with all passengers involved. When drivers and passengers are involved, settlements can reach millions, especially if one or more persons are killed when riding in taxicabs.
Utah requires ridesharing platforms, such as taxis or Ubers, to carry minimum liability limits. If these limitations aren’t met, and you’ve been injured, we’ll hold both the insurer and company legally liable.
We Represent Passengers and Cab Owners
Salt Lake City taxi cab accidents attorneys we have available to defend your case will look at all angles of your accident, and determine the best course of action. Time is of the essence in handling these cases, so we encourage cab owners, passengers or those hit by taxicabs to contact The Jardine Law Offices as soon as you’ve been cleared by medical personnel to leave the scene.
Our consultation costs nothing, and the peace of mind negligent drivers can be held accountable for their recklessness is priceless.