Pedestrian Accidents in Bountiful and Beyond – The Facts
When you use a crosswalk to make your way from one side of a road to the other, you expect the short journey to pass without incident. After all, the crosswalk is designed to be a safe way to do just that. Unfortunately, countless drivers fail to pay sufficient attention while behind the wheel, resulting in serious injury, and even wrongful death, for those innocent pedestrians who happen to be in the vicinity at the time.
Given that pedestrians have no protection against the bulk and momentum of a car or other motor vehicle in the event of a collision, it may come as no surprise that the injuries tend to be severe. You may be interested in some of these other facts relating to pedestrian accidents in Bountiful and across the United States:
- The risk of being involved in a pedestrian accident increases during inclement weather, when the light starts to dim in late afternoon, and during the night
- Around 66% of all pedestrian accidents happen in urban areas, where motorists should be aware that pedestrian presence is very likely
- Pedestrian accidents tend to happen most frequently on both Halloween and New Year’s Day, perhaps due to the higher number of pedestrians on the streets during related celebrations
The most common causes of pedestrian accidents include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Motorists failing to yield at a crosswalk or relevant traffic signals
- Motorists failing to be aware of pedestrians nearby
- Driving at an excessive or otherwise unsafe speed
- Failing to drive according to current weather conditions
How a Bountiful Pedestrian Accident Attorney from The Jardine Law Offices Could Help You
As mentioned earlier, all motorists are legally responsible for yielding to pedestrians, and preventing collisions wherever it is reasonable possible to do so. When you have been injured due to being struck by a vehicle, a Bountiful pedestrian accident attorney from The Jardine Law Offices will use this legal obligation to recover the compensation you deserve. Call 801-451-9555 for your free case evaluation.